Description:Who We Are And What We Do:
Peerpoint is Allen & Overy's global platform for self-directed lawyers who want to access the best work, clients, resources and bespoke support, whilst working on assignments with Allen & Overy or directly with clients. Assignments are usually at least three to six months in duration and flexible working arrangements are available. To find out more, please visit www.peerpoint.com.
We are currently looking for lawyers with a minimum of four years' top-tier experience in prime brokerage to join our panel. If you are a highly-skilled and self-driven lawyer with top tier technical experience in traditional and crypto prime brokerage transactions including cash, securities, custodian services and settlement services, we are keen to hear from you.
Successful applicants will:
- have a minimum of four years' experience at a law firm ranked as top tier for prime brokerage;
- ideally have recent in-house legal experience at a leading financial services institution (directly or as a secondee);
- be admitted to the California or New York or Washington DC bar; if intend to work remotely from a location outside those jurisdictions, candidate may be required to have an active bar license in the state where they reside and where legal work will be done;
- have a commitment to building a career as an interim lawyer and be motivated to operate at a high level whilst working in this way;
- have a 'consultant mindset', including a flexible and adaptable outlook and approach;
- have proven project management skills;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally;
- be resilient, autonomous and highly credible, with exemplary commercial/business acumen, client service ethic and commitment; and
- have excellent academic credentials.
Why be a Peerpoint Attorney?
Gain more career control and choice. As a Peerpoint lawyer, you are empowered to have more autonomy and control over your future with the flexibility to determine your own path: one that aligns with your career ambitions and lifestyle aspirations. Access high-level work with leading clients. Peerpoint attorneys may take on assignments with clients or with Allen & Overy.
- Benefit from the resources from an elite international law firm.
- Earn generous compensation; including benefits such healthcare, access to Allen and Overy's resources and training opportunities, and reimbursement of professional fees.
- Receive objective and individualized career advice and support.
We only invite attorneys to join our panel when we feel confident that there will be a sufficient volume of suitable roles for their area of expertise and level of experience. We cannot guarantee work but we are every bit as invested in moving your career forward as you are.
The salary range for this position is $120 to $250 per hour. Peerpoint lawyers are typically paid an hourly or day rate. The actual rate offered will depend on the overall qualifications of the individual applicant, the details of the assignment, and other job-related factors permitted by law. Peerpoint attorneys also get access to additional benefits, including a healthcare plan, legal resources and trainings programs, mental wellbeing programs, and reimbursement of professional fees. More specific salary information is available upon request.
Please note that, due to nature of the relationship between Peerpoint and our Peerpoint lawyers, we are not able to sponsor visas. Applicants are therefore required to be authorized to reside and work in the U.S.
Please note that, due to the high volume of applications, it is our policy not to provide individual feedback at the application stage.