Description:Our Legal Department provides legal related advice, assistance, and support services to the various business departments across the organization. We work closely with our business partners and outside resources, where necessary, to obtain the appropriate resolution of legal matters. In compliance with our Code of Conduct and our legal and regulatory obligations, we help the company exercise sound judgment and meet its business objectives in a manner that complies with applicable law.
Our Legal Department is recruiting for a Managing Sr. Legal Counsel who will lead the enterprise privacy team responsible for enterprise-wide privacy legal issues including colleague privacy, international and consumer privacy, research, and clinical trials, and IT/Cyber.
You'll make an impact by:
- Providing strategic legal counsel to internal business partners with respect to Federal and state healthcare and consumer privacy regulations and laws.
- Proactively advising business partners on a wide variety of matters and work collaboratively with other attorneys and partners on matters related to privacy legal and regulatory compliance.
- Identifying business and legal risks and provide solutions which balance legal issues and business objectives. You will be expected to develop a keen understanding of the business and operational goals of assigned internal clients and work diligently to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients at all levels of the organization.
- Subject matter expert to support various parts of the CVS Health enterprise. Including advising on privacy issues related to handling employee or customer information associated with our operations, appropriate use of patient or member information, participation in interoperable EMR/HIE, online advertising activities, product development, contracting, and/or other business operations activities.
- Recommending practical and sound advice to internal clients on legal
- Supporting CVS Health in attracting, retaining and engaging a diverse and inclusive consumer-centric workforce that delivers on our purpose and reflects the communities in which we work, live and serve.
The typical pay range for this role is:
- Minimum: 170,000
- Maximum: 325,000
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, and able to be highly productive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. The ideal candidate will have the following experience/knowledge/ability:
- 8+ years of legal experience with a law firm, healthcare or retail company focused on issues related to privacy, data protection or related regulatory matters (e.g., CCPA or HIPAA)
- Deep subject matter expertise of privacy laws such as HIPAA and CCPA
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as a team player.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, initiative, and drive
- Strong knowledge of healthcare laws and regulations including one or more of the following:Federal and State False Claims ActFederal and State Anti-Kickback StatuteState insurance and healthcare lawAffordable Care Act, Medicare and Medicaid
- Experience supporting businesses with online platforms providing regulated services
- Experience with aspects of healthcare related to provision of health care, or pharmacy services.
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex services agreements.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
- Admitted to practice law in at least one state and member in good standing of applicable state bar association(s)
- Juris Doctorate
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.