Description:The MENTOR Network is now Sevita. We have a different name, but the same mission, and a renewed sense of purpose. At Sevita we provide home and community-based health care services and support for adults, children, and their families across the United States. Join us in work that matters.
Litigation and Risk Associate General Counsel
Do you have a law degree and extensive litigation experience in healthcare? As the Associate General Counsel for Litigation and Risk, you will be responsible for managing litigation and risk associated with real estate, insurance, and employee and client incidents across the company. You will provide legal and risk management advice to other corporate departments and leadership teams and help develop systems and procedures to assure optimal quality care for the individuals we serve.
This position is 100% remote and can be performed from anywhere in the U.S. This role will involve some travel on an as needed basis for trials and mediations.
- Select and manage outside defense counsel in malpractice actions; assist with discovery responses in suits; attend mediations and trials as company counsel
- Provide legal and risk management consultation to Operations, Legal, Quality Assurance, and Executive team
- Analyze claims and design educational interventions to reduce exposure
- In collaboration with Legal and Quality Improvement, provide leadership in the development and enhancement of systems, controls, and procedures for assuring optimal quality care
- Report key litigation and risk management initiatives to the Board of Directors
- Oversee litigation hold process
- Supervise and manage assigned staff, including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, training, and ongoing support; resolve employee relations issues as needed; make decisions related to employment
- Juris Doctorate Degree from a nationally accredited law school; admitted or eligible for the state bar
- Seven to ten years of litigation experience; some management experience strongly preferred
- Experience successfully managing outside counsel
- Ability to identify risks and propose alternative approaches to mitigate risks
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Strong communication, analytical, leadership, and management skills
Why Join Us?
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Complex work adding value to the organization's mission alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for more than 50 years. With Corporate operations located in the Boston Seaport, Lawrence, Massachusetts and Edina, Minnesota, today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets