Description:At Ripple, we're building a world where value moves like information does today. It's big, it's bold, and we're already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you're ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple is seeking to hire a bright, energetic and self-motivated litigator with at least five years of experience to join Ripple's Legal Team. In this role, you will work in close collaboration with teams throughout the company to support a fast-growing global business. As an integral part of our small but agile Legal Team, you will work on some of the most exciting legal and business issues in fintech today. This position will report to Ripple's Senior Director of Litigation.
What You'll Do:
- Be responsible for a variety of pre-litigation, litigation and regulatory matters.
- Proactively manage all aspects of litigation, including discovery, motion practice, witness preparation and trial.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal business partners to provide strategic and proactive legal advice on litigation and regulatory issues.
- Manage external advisors engaged to support projects.
What You'll Bring:
- J.D. from a top-tier law school.
- 7+ years practicing law at a leading law firm, in-house experience a plus.
- Strong litigation experience through all stages of litigation.
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and act decisively.
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner and provide succinct, practical and results-oriented legal advice.
- Organized, detail-oriented, resourceful and flexible.
- Experience with contract negotiating and drafting a plus.
For positions that will be based in CA, the annual salary range for this position is below. Actual salaries may vary based on numerous factors including, among other things, an individual applicant's experience and qualifications for the position.
- CA Annual Salary Range
- $175,380—$219,225 USD
Who We Are:
Do Your Best Work
The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU Applicant Privacy Notice and our California Applicant Privacy Notice for reference.