Description:Remote California Licensed Employment or Business Litigation Attorney, +3 years of litigation experience, and committed to excellence and a strong work ethic. Contract position with potential to be a full-time employee.
Drafting pleadings, preparing discovery demands and responses, motion practice, appearing in court, taking and defending depositions, and preparing for and participating in mediation and settlement negotiations.
Independently identifying issues and anticipating/recommending strategies in litigation
- Must be a licensed California attorney
- 3 years of litigation experience, with a preference for a judicial clerkship
- Exquisite attention to detail and accuracy in one's work
- Trademark experience and experience drafting operating agreements and bylaws is a plus.
- Committed to excellence and a strong work ethic
- Desire to learn and grow professionally
- The ideal candidate will have a desire for significant responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to self-direct
- possesses a strong working knowledge of the California Code of Civil Procedure and Evidence Code
- Experience independently identifying issues and anticipating/recommending strategies in litigation
- Strong legal and factual/investigative research skills
- Works well with others, in teams, and across practice groups
- Has private law practice experience, with some experience taking responsibility for client matters (with supervision) and disciplined contemporaneous time entry
- Wants to invest in building a future with a mid-sized law firm
- Strong academic credentials