Description:Come expand your practice with us! MOODK is a forever firm where you can broaden your professional experience. At Marks, O'Neill you will be mentored in the practice of law with an experienced Partner in a collaborative team environment. MOODK Law has the training and systems capabilities of a large law firm with the personal interaction and interface of a mid-size firm. If you want to gain hands-on experience from day one, plus exposure to different fields of litigation, we want to talk with you.
Founded in 1986, Marks, O'Neill, O'Brien, Doherty & Kelly. P.C. is a dynamic firm on the forefront of insurance defense litigation. Our talented team represents clients in matters involving professional liability, labor and employment, medical malpractice, casualty, construction defect and coverage. With offices in Pennsylvania (Philadelphia and Pittsburgh), New Jersey, Delaware, New York (Manhattan and Westchester County) and Maryland, we offer our clients a regional approach to their litigation needs.
We are seeking an Associate to fill a new Hybrid position in our Philadelphia, PA, office. We are seeking an individual with 0-5 years' experience in litigation. Strong preference given to those with a background in General Liability, Professional Liability, Healthcare, or Labor and Employment. Knowledge of federal and state rules of civil procedures is essential.
This is a full-time, Hybrid position with competitive salary, benefit package and flexible work environment. This is a unique opportunity that provides a legal practice where a motivated lawyer is called upon daily to counsel our clients on a variety of legal issues that are as diverse as they are challenging
- Represent clients in all phases of litigation from initiation to expert discovery in matters involving general liability.
- Attend court appearances, hearings, depositions and case management conferences.
- Conduct complex legal research and discovery investigations.
- Draft discovery requests and responses, motions, case evaluation summaries, court orders, settlement agreements, affidavits, pleadings, motions, and legal memoranda.
- Review discovery responses, depositions and prepare summaries and litigation update reports.
- Negotiate with opposing counsel to settle claims.
- Communicate closely with clients during the course of litigation to provide legal analysis, status reports and advice.
- Minimum of 0-5 years of PA litigation experience.
- Must be barred in PA.
- Experience drafting discovery, taking lead on depositions and arguing motions is required.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills, and comfortable working in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Lexis software
Marks, O'Neill, O'Brien, Doherty & Kelly provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, our firm complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where we have offices.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Philadelphia, PA 19103