Description:We're a boutique law firm based in Carlsbad with a focus on real estate litigation with a great work-life balance. We're looking for an attorney to add to our growing litigation group.
- An attorney licensed in California with no disciplinary history.
- Familiar with civil litigation in California state courts. For example, you should know what it means to meet and confer under CCP 430.41 before demurring to a complaint.
- Able to handle a case from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- A good writer. 90% of litigation is reading and writing.
- A good public speaker. You'll argue at hearings every week or two.
- Able to hit 135 billable hours per month - about 6.2 billable hours per day. Super easy. We value work/life balance.
- Happy with our (negotiable) compensation package of: $115,000-$135,000 plus bonuses, 401K program, unlimited vacation, medical/dental plan, flexible remote/in-office schedule, and an office with a view.
- A fan of dogs. There is a dog in the office. She's friendly.
- A boutique, friendly law firm that's been around for more than two decades.
- A fast growing firm with a future. We're constantly hiring.
- A firm where you've got a future. Two of the four partners have worked here for less than four years.
- A team of lawyers who get along with each other. Our firm's has well-attended annual events where we hang out together, including "Day at the Races," a holiday party, and a winter retreat.
- A place you can grow. We built a whole free speech and appellate practice group when one of our lawyers showed an interest in those fields - he's a certified appellate specialist now. If you have a passion, bring it here and we'll find a way to fit it in.
- A flexible place to work. Happy people do better work. Some days you need to work from home - and that's OK.
Apply now! We're hiring ASAP. Send your resume and 3 references.