At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Jabil (NYSE: JBL) is a diversified manufacturer and service provider with more than 260,000 employees operating in dozens of facilities in 30 countries. FY2022 Revenue was more than $33B.
Jabil is seeking to hire an experienced Litigation Attorney to be based in our global headquarters in St. Petersburg, Florida. The position will be a key member of Jabil’s Global Litigation Legal team, reporting to the VP, Deputy General Counsel- Chief Global Litigation Counsel, and working in close collaboration with all Jabil legal functions, global business teams and outside counsel.
- Under the direction of the VP/DGC – Global Litigation, functions of this position include:
- Primary responsibility for developing and implementing effective resolution strategies for global commercial and employment claims, disputes and litigation.
- Think creatively and provide tactical counsel and innovative legal solutions to challenging issues facing Jabil’s global business units in an expedited manner on a daily basis.
- Lead and support internal investigations and collaborate with other internal functions to improve Jabil’s global investigation processes.
- Navigate competing workflows, set appropriate priorities with internal stakeholders and deliver results within agreed timelines.
- Exercise mature and reliable judgment in making and articulating determinations regarding legal risks and benefits.
- Develop, update, and advise on existing and proposed policies and processes in close collaboration with the legal functions and business stakeholders.
- Efficiently and proactively manage all labor and employment litigation, pre-litigation disputes and audits.
- Effectively manage all aspects of outside counsel engagements including document retention and production, discovery strategies, budgets, staffing and strategy.
- Proactively identify and mitigate legal risks by developing and delivering training programs which inform business leaders on relevant laws, regulations, lessons learned and best practices.
- Draft demand letters, pleadings, discovery, settlement agreements and other contractual agreements.
- Responsibility for work in locations within and outside of the US.
- Collaborate with key internal clients to help identify and drive process improvements, develop templates and self-service systems and tools, risk mitigation strategies and practices.
- J.D. or equivalent degree and a member in good standing of a State Bar.
- 5-10 years litigation experience - both in a law firm and in-house setting – ideally with at least 2 years in-house in a global company with exposure to commercial and employment matters.
- Strong knowledge of civil procedure and discovery process.
- Fluency in business principles in order to credibly communicate with and influence business leaders.
- Comfort and experience using a commercial business-oriented approach to problem solving, tempered by an appreciation for legal complexity and risk.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in litigation and proven ability to manage and direct in-house practice across multiple jurisdictions and across the company with minimal supervision, including at the most complex level.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively lead and drive change and improvement aligned to corporate priorities, strategic goals, risk mitigation needs, and practical realities.
- Experience in setting and managing budgets and leading outside counsel and internal partners to achieve strategic goals.
- Ability to supervise and lead teams on matters of significance and mentor and develop other team members with substantial understanding and development of team priorities and direction.
- High level of integrity and trust and possessing a strong ethical center.
- Superior legal writing (writing sample required) and analytical skills – excellent judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and commitment to continuous learning.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work in a changing, fast-paced, and energetic environment; ability to establish and meet short-and long-term deadlines.
- A self-starter and mulit-tasker able to handle many complex legal matters simultaneously.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, including the ability to influence and build relationships and interact effectively at all levels of the organization; ability to stand firm on issues when necessary.
- Possess gravitas, sound judgment, self-confidence, and a strong executive presence but also respect for others, regardless of position, and desire to work as a team member with all levels of management.
- Ability and willingness to travel inside and outside of the United States.
- International litigation experience is a plus.
- Labor and Employment litigation experience a plus.
- Fluency in a second language, such as Spanish or Mandarin, is a plus.
Be Aware of Fraud: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.