Description:Nichols Kaster, PLLP's individual practice team fights for the rights of individual employees in a wide range of employment disputes in state and federal court, including discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims. Our team takes on employers of all sizes and is dedicated to ensuring that employees have the dedicated legal representation they deserve when their rights were violated by their employer.
We seek creative, motivated, and socially conscious attorneys who want to use the law to fight injustice and make change. Associates take an active role in managing their own cases, writing, responding to, and arguing motions, taking, and defending depositions, and participating in trials. We staff our cases efficiently, giving associates the opportunity to gain valuable experience early on in their careers. Our associates are on the front lines of active litigation and find the practice both challenging and rewarding.
At Nichols Kaster, we believe that diversity in all forms improves every workplace and makes every organization better. Nichols Kaster is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive work environment for our employees and to bringing a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens to our work. We encourage members of diverse communities to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Litigate individual plaintiff employment cases in federal and state courts
- Conduct legal research and write legal memoranda
- Draft pleadings and briefs, argue motions in court
- Maintain client relationships
- Take and defend depositions
- Travel as required for nationwide litigation and conferences
- Work with industrial-organization psychology, economics, and other experts
- Develop new cases and conduct pre-suit investigations
- Develop relationships with other attorneys in the plaintiffs' bar
- Engage in public speaking, including at conferences, CLEs, and on panels
- Work closely with and supervise paralegals, assistants, and clerks
- J.D. degree
- 1-2 years of litigation/trial experience
- Desire to work on individual plaintiff employment cases
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, collaborative, and diligent, with a commitment to plaintiffs' side litigation
- Superior analytical skills and excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent oral communication and advocacy skills
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities, work independently, and meet strict deadlines under pressure