The litigation associate will work under the supervision of the supervising attorney(s) and provide support to the litigation group and other attorneys throughout the Firm. The responsibilities include analyzing, communicating, researching and writing, drafting legal documents. Attend and take depositions, attend hearings and work with the litigation attorney group to prepare and attend trials. The associate will coordinate schedules with the litigation support staff and paralegals and communicate with parties and possess an analytical and logical mind and be able to resolve conflicts and relating well with various types of persons. This position will reside in the Dallas, Texas office location.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Requirements: Ability to work under the supervision of the assigned attorney(s) and provide support to the litigation group. Drafts legal documents such as notices, discovery, affidavits, subpoenas, preparing trial exhibits, correspondence and more for review and approval by an attorney. Preparation of deposition summaries for use in mediation and trial. Knowledge of e-filing procedures. Ability to effectively communicate with clients, court personnel, counsel, third parties, private investigators, medical providers, experts, etc., and maintains regular contact with all parties. Performs factual investigations and analysis of file data. Ability to review and organize case records per firm procedures. Must be highly organized and maintain electronic and hardcopy case files per firm procedures. Consistent follow-through and ability and flexibility to multi-task and effectively balance priorities and meet tight deadlines. Log and submit case time and expense billing for case files. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of attorneys, clients, customers, employees, vendors and the general public. Provides monthly case updates to the supervising attorneys. Communicates well, shows teamwork effort, and collaborates well with everyone you come in contact with. Exceptional customer service and people skills. Superior problem-solving ability and ability to work with minimal supervision while exercising sound and independent judgment. Maintain competency through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest developments and CLE requirements.
- Must have graduated from an accredited Texas Law School with a GPA in the top 33%.
- Must be licensed to practice in Texas and in good standing with the Texas State Bar Association.
- A minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of litigation experience.
- Must know all aspects of litigation discovery
- Must have exceptional computer skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Software.
- Experience working with various practice and case management databases (iManage) and timekeeping and billing systems
- Must possess excellent English communication skills with the ability to speak and write clearly and informatively and able to read and interpret information.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.