This position focuses on real estate litigation involving residential and commercial foreclosures, title disputes, title curative actions, and other real estate and financial services matters within a positive team environment. You will make appearances in court for routine and contested hearings, develop case strategy, draft pleadings, motions and discovery, conduct settlement negotiations while having autonomy to strategize on best outcomes for your cases. The ideal candidate will have a minimum 2-3 years of real estate and foreclosure litigation experience and will join a team ready to guide, support and collaborate. The firm provides a partnership track for all candidates who demonstrate excellence and growth. The position allows the employee to work remote with a flexible schedule and provides exposure to a wide variety of interesting case assignments. The firm prides itself on providing a quality work/life balance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage case load of contested matters on behalf of residential and commercial mortgage lenders and investors.
- Appear in court and argue motions necessary to the successful completion of both routine and contested foreclosure, eviction, title disputes, HOA/COA disputes and other matters.
- Communicate with clients regularly for updates and case resolution.
- Analyze loan files, title reports and other client documents. Draft motions and prepare written discovery and responses.
Education & Work Experience:
- J.D. degree, licensed in Illinois and in good standing with the Illinois Bar
- Minimum 1-3 years relevant Litigation experience involving mortgage foreclosure, creditor rights and civil litigation
- Minimum 2 years motion practice experience
- Minimum 1 year courtroom experience
- Knowledge of Illinois Mortgage Foreclosure Law
- Knowledge of Illinois Code of Civil Procedure and Supreme Court Rules
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Effectively manage time and priorities
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate written and oral
- Ability to work independently or in a group/team setting
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism
- Ability to interact and communicate well with clients, staff, peers and management of all levels
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: Normal office working conditions, with quiet to moderate noise level within the work environment.
- We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
- If you possess the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
- All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.