DOR’s vision is to provide every customer the best experience every time.
How This Position Supports The Department’s Vision:
Legal Counsel Attorneys primarily handle civil litigation for the Transportation Section of the General Counsel’s Office. Attorneys represent the Department in civil driver license and motor vehicle cases at the trial level, and conduct administrative hearings. This position affords the opportunity for advancement and professional career development, and provides substantial training and mentorship.
Duties Performed To Support The Department’s Vision:
- Represent the Department in administrative hearings and circuit court bench trials.
- In-state travel required
- Legal research and writing
- Missouri Bar license in good standing
- Ability to exercise critical reasoning skills
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with coworkers, attorneys, and the courts
- Ability to work independently
- Self-motivated, independent and reliable professional
- Relevant experience is valued, but not required