Description:Our Legal team has an exciting opportunity for a technical minded and adaptable person to join them as –Product Counsel. You will be an integral part of the team and the wider Legal department supporting the underwriting business across all product lines covering a wide variety of complex risks. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your technical drafting skills and advisory services to the underwriters, their clients and brokers in order to provide a service differentiator for AXA XL.
Discover your opportunity
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Providing legal advice and technical subject matter expertise to Underwriting on policy forms, including reviewing our existing products, new products and those of other insurers in order to provide thoughtful and timely review and advice regarding policy language with a focus on delivering a commercial solutions to issues raised.
- Working closely with key stakeholders to support new insurance products or enhance existing products, steering innovation for the AXA XL brand.
- Proactive engagement with internal units including international wordings colleagues, Claims, Compliance, and Global Corporate Underwriting in order to deliver on organizational projects and initiatives.
- Provide legal and regulatory advice regarding coverage terms and conditions and assist in filing strategy and objection-handling.
- Retain and manage outside counsel in a cost-effective manner for legal advice on policy wordings
- Assist the Regulatory and Compliance teams in communications with insurance department inquiries regarding product filings.
- Provide legal support and guidance to Regulatory and Compliance teams regarding rate and form filings.
- Reports to Head of Wordings, UK and Associate General Counsel, US Insurance.
SHARE your talent
SHARE your talent
We're looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Qualifications. Law Degree from an accredited law school is required, and you must be a licensed attorney in at least one State.
- Experience: 5+ years in house or law firm experience in commercial property and casualty insurance with experience in coverage matters and policy drafting.
- Knowledge: Knowledgeable in insurance laws and regulations. Experience in multiple lines of business preferred. Experience working as a trusted adviser to business clients. Experience interacting with insurance regulators. Cross-border experience a plus. Must have broad experience with multiple lines of business.
- Skills. Ability to work without close supervision and solve complex problems in an efficient manner.
- Strategic Thinking: Proactive thinker who is able to facilitate discussions and engage with colleagues at all levels of seniority. Experience in taking responsibility for large-scale, complex legal and regulatory matters.
- Communication and Negotiation: Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration, negotiation and presentation skills. Build rapport and credibility with senior personnel due to your ability to clearly communicate your legal and regulatory guidance grounded in your subject-matter-expertise.
Find Your Future
Axa Xl, the P&c and Specialty Risk Division of Axa, Is Known for Solving Complex Risks. for Mid-Sized Companies, Multinationals and Even Some Inspirational Individuals We Don't Just Provide Re/insurance, We Reinvent It.
How? by Combining a Comprehensive and Efficient Capital Platform, Data-Driven Insights, Leading Technology, and The Best Talent in An Agile and Inclusive Workspace, Empowered to Deliver Top Client Service Across All Our Lines of Business ? Property, Casualty, Professional, Financial Lines and Specialty.
With an Innovative and Flexible Approach to Risk Solutions, We Partner with Those Who Move the World Forward.
Learn More at Axaxl.Com
Inclusion & Diversity
Axa Xl Is Committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Will Consider Applicants Regardless of Gender, Sexual Orientation, Age, Ethnicity and Origins, Marital Status, Religion, Disability, or Any Other Protected Characteristic.
At Axa Xl, We Know that An Inclusive Culture and A Diverse Workforce Enable Business Growth and Are Critical to Our Success. That's Why We Have Made a Strategic Commitment to Attract, Develop, Advance and Retain the Most Diverse Workforce Possible, and Create an Inclusive Culture Where Everyone Can Bring Their Full Selves to Work and Can Reach Their Highest Potential. It's About Helping One Another — and Our Business — to Move Forward and Succeed.
- Five Business Resource Groups Focused on Gender, Lgbtq+, Ethnicity and Origins, Disability and Inclusion with 20 Chapters Around the Globe
- Robust Support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced Family Friendly Leave Benefits
- Named to The Diversity Best Practices Index
- Signatory to The Uk Women in Finance Charter
Learn More at Axaxl.Com/about-Us/inclusion-And-Diversity. Axa Xl Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Axa Xl, Sustainability Is Integral to Our Business Strategy. in An Ever-Changing World, Axa Xl Protects What Matters Most for Our Clients and Communities. We Know that Sustainability Is at The Root of A More Resilient Future. Our 2023-26 Sustainability Strategy, Called “roots of Resilience”, Focuses on Protecting Natural Ecosystems, Addressing Climate Change, and Embedding Sustainable Practices Across Our Operations.
- Valuing Nature: How We Impact Nature Affects how Nature Impacts Us. Resilient Ecosystems - the Foundation of A Sustainable Planet and Society – Are Essential to Our Future. We're Committed to Protecting and Restoring Nature – from Mangrove Forests to The Bees in Our Backyard – by Increasing Biodiversity Awareness and Inspiring Clients and Colleagues to Put Nature at The Heart of Their Plans.
- Addressing Climate Change: The Effects of A Changing Climate Are Far Reaching and Significant. Unpredictable Weather, Increasing Temperatures, and Rising Sea Levels Cause Both Social Inequalities and Environmental Disruption. We're Building a Net Zero Strategy, Developing Insurance Products and Services, and Mobilizing to Advance Thought Leadership and Investment in Societal-Led Solutions.
- Integrating Esg: All Companies Have a Role to Play in Building a More Resilient Future. Incorporating Esg Considerations Into Our Internal Processes and Practices Builds Resilience from The Roots of Our Business. We're Training Our Colleagues, Engaging Our External Partners, and Evolving Our Sustainability Governance and Reporting.
- Axa Hearts in Action: We Have Established Volunteering and Charitable Giving Programs to Help Colleagues Support Causes that Matter Most to Them, Known as Axa Xl's “hearts in Action” Programs. These Include Our Matching Gifts Program, Volunteering Leave, and Our Annual Volunteering Day – the Global Day of Giving.
For More Information, Please See Axaxl.Com/sustainability
The Base Salary Range for This Position Is (122,000 – 182,000). Actual Pay Will Be Determined Based upon The Individual's Skills, Experience and Location. We Strive for Market Alignment and Internal Equity with Our Colleagues' Pay.