Description:Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life's most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
Location: For this role we are open to remote work located within the United States and Canada
About the Opportunity:
The Legal Counsel – Corporate role works collaboratively with Ceridian's internal and external legal counsel, as well as Ceridian's management and other internal personnel, in providing legal advice on U.S. securities / public company governance, mergers & acquisitions, corporate, compliance, and other areas as assigned.
What you'll get to do
- Provide legal advice daily on a variety of practice areas, including, but not limited to, securities / public company governance, mergers & acquisitions, corporate, compliance (U.S./CAN. and international), and other areas as assigned
- Remain aware of changes in laws and regulations affecting assigned practice areas
- Develop and lead training on various law topics and policies
- Manage various initiatives and execute procedures as assigned
- Perform other related duties as needed
What's in it for you
- Encouragement to be the best version of yourself at and away from work:
- YOUnity diversity and inclusion programs
- Amazing time away from work programs
- Support for your total well-being through our Live Well, Work Well programs targeting all aspects of your life
- Recognition for your contributions through excellent pay, perks, and rewards
- Giving where you're living: volunteer days, Ceridian sponsored events, and our very own charity, Ceridian Cares
- Opportunities to fuel your career growth through numerous internal and external programs and events
Skills and experience we value
- U.S.: Juris Doctorate; Canada: LL.B. or call to the Bar in the province of Manitoba or Ontario
- 3 to 6 years' experience as either a member of corporate legal department or a law firm
- Significant experience and subject matter expertise in U.S. securities / public company governance and mergers & acquisitions
- Possess workflow prioritization skills, with the ability to work either independently or as a leader / member of a team, in a fast-paced business environment
- Skill writing reports, including framing factual and legal issues in writing for a legal opinion and making recommendations for action
- Ability to be extremely responsive: Able to respond swiftly and adapt to shifting priorities
- Strong ability to communicate and maintain effective relationships with customers, vendors and internal Ceridian personnel
- Acute attention to detail
What would make you really stand out
- 3-5 years of SEC experience
- 3-5 years of M&A experience
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Beware of fraudulent recruiting activity! If you are contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter or other Ceridian employee, you will be provided with an @ceridian.com email. If you are contacted by someone who uses any other email domain, despite their use of our company logo or company name in their social media handle/profile, the contact could be fraudulent. Please also note, Ceridian will not request or send money and/or a check at any time during the recruiting or hiring process, ask you to order any equipment or supplies, or ask for any sensitive personal data, such as National ID numbers, via email or phone. Sensitive personal data is only collected post-hire, via new hire forms directly in Dayforce. If you have been asked for any of the above, or believe you have been contacted by someone posing as a Ceridian employee, please refer to our fraudulent recruiting statement found here: https://www.ceridian.com/company/corporate/be-aware-recruiting-fraud.