Closing Date: 28th November, 2022
Description:Why Are We Hiring This Role?
We're proud of the team and culture we've built in the small knit legal team at IR and want to ensure that our levels of compliance and governance continues to grow as we thrive. You will play a critical role in helping enable regional management and sales to ensure optimal commercial and legal outcomes are achieved, while identifying and mitigating risks.
What Will You Accomplish?
- Maximise the quality of sales related contracts and ancillary documents, with primary focus on reviewing, negotiating, and approving software, cloud, and professional services transactions.
- Develop strong relationships with key strategic and operational stakeholders to provide the necessary support, guidance, and training to internal teams on the structure of customer transactions and legal requirements.
- Drive the achievement of revenue targets for software sales solutions from net new customers by selling through alliances, partners as well as direct to end users.
- Advise management and appropriate stakeholders on relevant regulatory and legal changes;
- You'll be accountable for the proactive planning and engagement with sales and finance teams around forecasted deals to effectively prioritize workloads;
- You'll have prior experience in commercial transactions and legal requirements, and reporting on legal and compliance risks, including engagement across data privacy and security initiatives.
Desired Skills and Experience:
What Do We Need from You?
- You're an experienced legal counsel with substantive transactional experience in a firm or corporate environment, including drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements including but not limited to: software licensing, cloud or SaaS, channel and resell, professional services, and various supplier agreements
- Qualifications. Including Bachelors and J.D. degree, and be a licensed member of a state bar association. You should be familiar with knowledge of data privacy and security regulations, and experience negotiating such issues in commercial context. This is especially important given that our team is globally distributed.
- You have legal and business judgement, including ability to assess material risks and communicate to internal stakeholders and management.
- You have a genuine passion for what you do, and have a keen interest in the software technology industry and continuous learning related to IR products and industry developments.
- You'll be an ambassador for our values. You'll have a deep emphasis on driving our values and you have a passion for evolving and maintaining culture through periods of rapid change.
What Would Give You an Edge?
- Prior experience working in a growing technology (SaaS ideally!) UC/CC related company
- Expertise and have strong relationships in dealing with top enterprise customers
- Prior experience with working with global team members across APAC and the Americas will be preferred as the team is scattered geographically across the region.
What's in It for You?
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with global companies
- Impact: See the impact of your work on a daily basis, as our success at acquiring new clients means we are constantly transforming.
- Diversity: At IR we celebrate, support and thrive on difference for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and encourage applications from all suitable candidates.
- Generous compensation: Extremely competitive base salary and equity
- Great perks: Flexible work arrangements and great team environment in Denver (The office has awesome snacks! Seriously!)
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or re-location. Apologies.