Description:At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We're working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!?
As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts in the Legal and Compliance Department, you will help shape the company's regulatory and compliance program. Beyond providing counsel as a subject matter expert in the areas described below, you will develop processes and tools to amplify the impact of the program and ensure the timely and efficient delivery of regulatory legal support.
- Provide strong subject matter expertise on regulations and procedures governing the conduct of the company's business, including those relating to ethics, corrupt practices, export controls, and state and federal privacy laws.
- Research and monitor compliance requirements and highlight emerging requirements to the government affairs team.
- Support contract negotiation and recommend revisions to agreement templates as a subject matter expert on regulatory and compliance provisions.
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration between risk owners inside the Legal and Compliance Department and across the company.
- Assist with establishing scalable processes and a broad and robust program focused on identifying, addressing, and monitoring critical compliance risks facing the company.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. college or university and membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- 4+ years of combined broad legal experience with a corporation, law firm, and/or a government entity.
- Willingness to learn new skills and substantive legal areas to support multiple roles within the Department.
- Prior experience handling regulatory matters and advising clients within a matrixed, company-wide compliance program.
- Experience identifying and developing compliance procedures and programs for regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently and communicate clearly and effectively (both verbally and in writing).
- Ability to react calmly and with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround and take effective action without knowing the whole picture.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain productive work relationships, contribute to a culture of inclusion, work collaboratively across the company, and provide legal advice directly to clients of every level.
- Familiarity with State and Federal Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with regulations administered by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC).
- Familiarity with export control regulations, including International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Familiarity with U.S. government contracting, including Federal Acquisition Regulations, Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations, and agency-specific regulations.
Compensation range for on site WA applicants is
Don't meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave (must be employed at time of birth or adoption), short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program available after 1 year of service.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays for all regular employees (including part-time), fixed-term, and interns.
Discretionary bonus: Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses in addition to base pay. Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and here. (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf)
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here. (https://d3ezn0y6hdgq62.cloudfront.net/assets/blue-origin-ca-applicant-privacy_08.14.2023.pdf)