Prime Group Holdings is one of the fastest growing private equity real estate firms in the country. We are focused on acquiring and adding value to a growing portfolio of real estate assets located throughout the United States. All of our team members are:
- Customer and client focused
- Self-motivated entrepreneurs who are passionate about what they do
- Diligent ethical professionals dedicated to creating long-term value for our stakeholders
- Eager to make a positive difference in the lives of their customers and clients
- Our successful company is built on a culture of respect, teamwork, accountability and persistence. We deeply value the strong relationships we have built with our customers, one another and our stakeholders.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented person to join our Legal & Compliance team in Saratoga Springs, New York.
The Legal and Compliance Manager is primarily responsible for supporting Prime Group Holdings' General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, providing day to day legal and compliance support for assets managed by Prime Group Holdings, coordinating the implementation of the firm's Environmental, Social and Governance program, supporting internal initiatives, and drafting and/or reviewing policies and procedures. The Legal and Compliance Manager will have at least two years of relevant work experience, with knowledge in areas of general corporate and/or securities law. The Legal and Compliance Manager will report directly to the General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, and work closely with internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be able to work at our Saratoga Springs, NY Headquarters.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing day to day legal and/or compliance support for assets managed by Prime Group
- Training applicable employees on firm compliance policies
- Coordinating the implementation of Prime Group's Environmental, Social & Governance strategy among various internal departments
- Assisting with the management of Prime Group's vendor due diligence program
- Completing various legal research projects and related legal analyses
- Monitoring for developments in applicable legislation, regulation, and industry standards
- Providing support to the General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong project management, communication, and analytical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Lexis
- Track record of establishing solid relationships, polished and highly personable
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial-minded environment
Education and Experience:
- J.D. with at least 1-2 years of experience in practice areas of private equity, corporate and/or securities law.
- Licensed and admitted to practice law in New York or another U.S. jurisdiction
- Experience with ESG initiatives is preferred.
- Salary commensurate with experience (this is an entry-level position, but open for experienced professionals who may be interested).
Equal Opportunity Employer StatementPrime Group Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saratoga Springs, NY 12866: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
Work Location: In person