Description:About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Counsel in Legal as part of the Acquisitions, Innovation & Marketing team in Cards & Merchant Services within the Consumer Lending Division. For additional information on this line of business, refer to the external Careers Site at Wellsfargo.com/career.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives with broad impact and act as a key participant in large scale planning, including support of the company's growing credit card business and development and launch of new, innovative products and features.
- Provide guidance to senior management on complex legal and regulatory matters with significant impact on business initiatives, strategy, and performance
- Assess legal risk associated with all risk types and develop strategies for reducing legal exposure
- Lead analysis of and response to legal, regulatory, reputational, compliance, and policy matters within area of expertise
- Identify and analyze complex legal issues, develop conclusions, and make recommendations for issue resolution
- Serve as the primary legal contact for assigned clients, , including review of complex marketing materials, participation in project meetings, and advising on legal issues and best practices
- Collaborate within the department and across business and staff functions to address legal and risk issues in a manner consistent with the best interests of Wells Fargo
- Take an active role in the development, oversight and delegation of tasks to more junior staff.
- May lead initiatives of varying scope and complexity.
- 5+ years of Law experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Active State Bar membership or the equivalent in a country outside the United States
- Experience as a practicing attorney
- Experience with payment card network rules and the laws and regulations applicable to payment cards, including Regulation Z, Regulation B, FCRA, and UDAAP
- Experience with issues relating to credit card marketing and solicitation
- Ability to analyze legal and regulatory issues in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters.
- Extensive experience conducting research and providing counsel and guidance regarding complex legal issues.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work while handling multiple matters.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration.
- Effective in building partnerships, functioning well with project teams, and working for the success of the team.
Ability to travel up to 5% of the time