Description:Ardent Mills is searching for a temporary/contractor lawyer to assist Ardent Mills in-house legal team. This person will be exposed to a variety of legal matters that pertain to the organization and will work under the direction of the General Counsel, Senior Counsel, Labor and Employment Counsel, Corporate Counsel, and in collaboration with the Associate Corporate Counsel and Legal Admin. As an temp lawyer/contractor you will collaborate and work directly with the law team to draft and redline contracts.
Candidates should have a strong understanding of business, strong team collaboration skills, excellent communication skills, a practical, solutions-oriented approach and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. Additionally, success in this role will come with strong knowledge of various laws and issues and creative thinking to find ways to legally navigate potential impediments to business objectives.
- Collaborate with the legal team to draft and review contracts such as customer and vendor agreements, product, supply and distribution agreements, non-disclosure agreements, real estate/property agreements and other contracts for Ardent Mills.
- Work on miscellaneous projects/duties as assigned by the General Counsel, Senior Counsel or Labor & Employment Counsel.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited institution
- Admitted to practice law in the State of Colorado.
- Absence of negative disciplinary history concerning law license(s).
- 5 plus years of practice experience as a licensed attorney.
- Proven ability to serve as a strong business partner and proven history of building and demonstrating trust and integrity with others.
- Excellent communication, drafting and advocacy skills - speaks clearly and concisely; writes effectively and adapts communication to audience.
- Highly motivated self-starter, with capacity to assume responsibility and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems across a broad range of legal and business issues.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in ambiguous situations, and work well under pressure, including working with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, thinks strategically and deeply about issues of significant risk and opportunity and demonstrates superior risk management skills.
- High impact execution, excellent time management and general organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage conflict and apply business and legal judgment.
- Experience working with contractual language, including the drafting, revising, and analysis of the same.
- Committed to Ardent Mills Values – Trust, Serving, Simplicity and Safety.