Description:We are excited to be looking for a rockstar office clerk who has the ability to work diligently to help maintain smooth office operations at our personal injury law firm!
You will undertake a variety of activities in the office and will have great exposure to different aspects of the law / legal profession.
Must be reliable, passionate, and hardworking with great communication skills.
- Maintain and organize all client files and records so they remain updated and easily accessible
- Order, pursue, and obtain Medical Records / Bills from medical providers
- Maintain a strong rapport with clients.
- Answer the phone to take messages or redirect calls to appropriate colleagues
- Draft Basic Memoranda
- General office management and organization
- Perform other office duties as assigned
- Relevant Prior Experience
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Working knowledge of office devices and processes
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Very good organizational and multitasking abilities
- Willingness to learn and improve
- Experience in the legal field is not required, but an interest in pursuing a legal career is a plus!
- Previous experience clerking, working with medical records, and / or working with health or auto insurance companies is a plus.
- Pay starting at $16/hour but subject to change based on experience.
- Job Hours Flexible
Monday to Friday (10 - 15 hours a week) - Exact schedule flexible
College, Law School, and / or Paralegal Certificate Preferred
On-site with some remote access
Hours Per Week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chicago, IL 60606: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Chicago, IL 60606