This position will be part of Summit's collaborative labor and employment team and will counsel clients on the full spectrum of employment law issues. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in employment litigation, including representing employers in federal and state courts, administrative proceedings, and arbitrations. This is a great opportunity for big-law or in-house attorneys looking to make partner, have an equal say in firm decisions, and join a nimble team of expert attorneys and staff. No portable book of business is required.
- Member of the Washington State Bar Association (or able to obtain Washington State Bar Association membership within a reasonable period)
- Washington resident, or planning to relocate to the Seattle area
- 3-5 years of employment litigation experience
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Strong drafting skills, ideally including briefs, written discovery, motions, and position statements
- Interest in joining firm membership, given Summit's all-member model
- Past representation of public sector entities and/or employers with union-represented employees
- Experience taking and defending depositions, arguing motions, and appearing in court, administrative hearings, and/or arbitrations
Summit Law Group's nontraditional law firm model, founded on revolutionizing the way legal services are provided, focuses on a single principle: customer service.
Our mission is to think creatively, to proactively formulate and pursue the most effective, efficient solutions to our clients' legal needs with small, dedicated teams. Everyone at Summit Law Group is a legal professional who shares in the firm's success, and our attorneys are equity owners of our business. We have eliminated the inefficiencies inherent in traditional law firms – such as hidden charges, rigid cost structures, and leveraged hierarchy – to focus exclusively on our clients. Our innovative model has been proven by a long, successful track record that covers a broad variety of complex legal issues.
Summit is consistently recognized as a top law firm, both on the regional and national levels, and has been consistently ranked by US News & World Report - Best Lawyers and Chambers USA. Summit was also named Washington Firm of the Year at the 2021 & 2022 Benchmark Litigation US Awards and has also been recognized as one of Washington's Best Workplaces for 2021 & 2022 by the Puget Sound Business Journal. We are especially proud that in its 2022 Diversity Snapshot, Law360 recognized Summit as being among the leading law firms across the nation for diversity. Additionally, we received Mansfield Rule Plus Certification earlier this year for our diversity in leadership efforts, in addition to participating in the Inclusion Blueprint program through Diversity Lab. Summiteers take pride in working here. You can check out more stories on Summit here: https://www.summitlaw.com/blog/news.