Description:DLA Piper LLP (US) is a leading global business law firm. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best people across our practice and business service groups. We are looking for collaborative, results-oriented people who enjoy working in a fast pace environment and have exceptional problem-solving skills.
If you are a highly talented Knowledge Management Attorney, we want to hear from you!
This position is remote. Candidates may be required on occasion to visit the local office when/if needed.
DLA Piper has one of the largest litigation practices in the United States and globally and is widely recognized as one of the leading litigation practices in the world. This is an opportunity to join the growing field of legal knowledge management in one of the leading global business law firms.
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school
- Admission to the state bar of resident office
- 5 years' experience as a litigation attorney in a law firm and/or in-house department
- Relevant practice experience including commercial, patent, employment and/or bankruptcy litigation
- Demonstrated passion for KM, technology, innovation and change
- Expert knowledge of the typical workflows and needs of litigation attorneys
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to analyze and solve problems in an effective and timely manner
- Experience as a knowledge management attorney
- Familiarity with relevant legal technologies
- Experience in certain sectors, including technology, life sciences, media, sport & entertainment, and/or energy & natural resources
What will your day look like?
As a Knowledge Management Attorney, you will be an ambassador for the Knowledge department by increasing the awareness and highlighting the value of the firm's KM program. In the effort to encourage a knowledge-sharing culture, you will regularly review and update the litigation practice's KM plans with leadership and partners. You will also curate, create, update and/or make relevant forms, checklists, precedents and other substantive content. To support efficient client service, you will develop and improve workflow processes as well as identify and summarize relevant legal developments.
In this role, you may also develop and participate in a training program for the practices; participate in KM meetings; and draft external client alerts/other thought leadership on relevant developments. You will be tasked with improving the efficiency of the practices by optimizing legal technology, including through AI-based solutions, workflow tools, document automation and data analytics. Collaboration with other business groups, including professional development, innovation, IT, and business development & marketing, will also be expected.
Attorneys with significant experience may be considered for a Knowledge Management Counsel role.
To learn more about DLA Piper, please visit our website.
We offer exceptional career opportunities in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and, we believe, truly different from our competitors. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package and a dynamic and diverse environment in which they can build a long and fruitful career and reap the rewards of their success.
In accordance with New York City, California and Washington's Pay Transparency Law, pay range for this position, if hired to work in New York City, California or Washington is $215k-$250k. The compensation offered to a candidate selected for employment will be dependent upon various factors, including the candidate's geographic market, skills, educational and professional background, experience and overall qualifications. Benefits information may be found on the DLA Piper LLP (US) career site.
Agency applications will not be considered.