Description:The Kompass Law Firm, APC is seeking an Associate Immigration Attorney to join our team. As an Associate Immigration Attorney, you will be responsible for handling various immigration matters, including but not limited to family-based petitions, adjustment of status, consular processing, SIJS, and removal defense. The candidate must have strong attention to detail, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills, and most importantly, expert writing skills. Our firm is committed to providing our clients with high-quality legal representation and personalized service.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who will take the initiative to get things done. Interest in growing with the firm, and in working with immigrant communities. Salary is commensurate with experience.
As an Associate Immigration Attorney, your primary responsibility will be reviewing petitions and assisting with corrections. Also, drafting and filing various immigration petitions, applications, and legal memoranda. Therefore, it is crucial that the ideal candidate possess expert writing skills. You must be able to write clearly, concisely, and persuasively. In addition, you must be able to analyze complex legal issues and communicate effectively.
Kompass Law Firm APC was established in 2021 in Los Angeles, California. We offer affordable and intelligent legal solutions to clients nationwide, focusing on Mongolian communities. The firm understands the importance of family unity and strives to provide secure futures for its clients. Kompass Law Firm APC is committed to treating all clients with professionalism, honesty, and respect, and prioritizes our clients' needs above all else. The firm primarily serves Mongolian-speaking clients and other vulnerable members of the community.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Preparation of client statements regarding applications for Asylum, Cancellation of Removal, SIJS, U Visas, VAWA, and Waivers.
- Legal research and writing in preparation of motions, briefs, and appeals, for cases before the Immigration Court and the Board of Immigration Appeals.
- Represent clients before USCIS, EOIR, and other government agencies.
- Prepare and file immigration petitions and applications and draft legal memoranda.
- Communicate with clients and government agencies.
- Bachelor's degree and a Juris Doctor degree.
- Eligible to practice law and member in good standing of the State Bar.
- Adaptable, fast learner, and self-starter.
- Professional with a strong work ethic and discipline.
- At least 2 years of experience in immigration law
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Expert writing skills
- Experience with removal defense
- Experience with employment-based immigration
Kompass Law Firm APC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, free from discrimination and harassment based on: race, color, caste, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, medical leave or other types of protected leave, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other characteristic protected by state or federal anti-discrimination law covering employment, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity covered by this policy.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $74,965.00 - $99,831.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bar (Required)
Work Location: In person