The Internal Counsel will be primarily responsible for maintaining NextGen Leads’ legal standing through providing executives with legal advice and strategies. This individual will ensure the Company strictly follows all applicable laws and regulations, while providing updates on any relevant changes. Primary duties include ensuring compliance with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), managing advertising and marketing compliance, reviewing and negotiating customer and vendor contracts, advising on employment matters, and ensuring all aspects of Company compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Advises executive members on new/existing laws and legal topics that may impact the functionality of the Company.
- Collaborates with management on efficient defense strategies.
- Researches and evaluates different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Oversees legal matters of the business as a whole, including acting as the Company’s legal representative.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s legal documents and operations.
- Creates and reviews legal strategy in response to any litigation.
- Retains records of all legal documents and proceedings for the Company.
- Communicates and collaborates with outside counsel when necessary.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Experience with TCPA, contract review / negotiation, employment law, and marketing compliance.
- Ability to effectively communicate with business leaders verbally and in writing
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement legal strategies
- Good legal and business judgment
- Highest degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Ability to analyze a variety of complex situation and information
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish/maintain professional relationships
- Ability to continually look for opportunities for improvement and assess risks
Education / Experience
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school required
- 2+ years’ experience as Legal Counsel in a business environment
- Previous experience with California employment law
- Licensed and in good standing with California Bar
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities