Primarily participating on the legal team relating to the following types of transactions and matters:
- Private market limited partnership agreements relating to primary and secondary investments in private equity and credit funds and co-investments (as part of M&A transactions) with sophisticated counterparties.
- Fund-of-funds agreements and advisory contracts with Pathway investors and clients.
- Assist in advising on issues relating to the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
- Assist in advising on certain securities laws, corporate governance matters and company policies and procedures.
- Provide legal guidance to investment, compliance, accounting and tax professionals, often regarding complex legal and business issues.
- Advise on a wide range of general contracts, including NDAs, vendor and service provider agreements, IT-related agreements, etc.
- Assist on special projects, including contract review and updates of Pathway's database of investment partnership agreements and investor agreements.
- This position reports to the General Counsel.
- Direct deal experience as an associate on at least one of the first two bullet points described in the primary responsibilities and duties above is essential.
- Expertise and significant interest in doing deals.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently on internal teams and with investors, clients and general partners of investment partnerships.
- Ability to skillfully manage and prioritize multiple internal and external client demands, transactions and projects.
- Exemplary analytical, creative, problem-solving, decision-making, interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen with ability to inspire trust and confidence with senior management.
- Interest in and willingness to work on a team and independently on a broad range of legal matters/topics, some of which may be new issues.
- Three plus years of experience at a major law firm and/or major in-house corporate department.
- JD from an accredited law school and excellent academic credentials. State Bar of California member in good standing
- Local candidate preferred.
Salary and benefits:
Pathway offers a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package including:
- Health Insurance coverage provided with a minimal payroll contribution
- Complimentary access to a fitness center located in the building and other amenities provided by The Boardwalk
- Pathway observes 10 holidays per year in addition to a very generous vacation accrual
- Excellent 401K employer match