The right candidate for this role will be dynamic, willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done well. Must be able to think on your feet, apply legal knowledge to complex business questions, and professionally interact with a fast-paced business team.
From day one this role is engaged in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, interacting with business clients, and handling a myriad of legal questions. The right candidate has the highest ethical standards, is organized, knows how to prioritize their work and is eager to learn new skill sets and areas of law. S/he is a go-getter, identifying solutions rather than presenting problems to leadership. Tons of opportunity for growth and learning. Minimal travel, virtual candidates happily considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Required: SME-level experience drafting and negotiating business agreements, including MSA/SOW agreement and unique business contracts.
- Required: Experienced and comfortable with interacting with business executives and clients.
- Highly Preferred: Working knowledge of federal and state privacy and cybersecurity laws, anti-trust, general corporate governance, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, HR governance, state insurance or service contract laws.
- Highly Preferred: Experience interacting with regulators and
- Highly Preferred: Knowledge and practical experience in regulatory compliance matters in insurance, sales of automobile products, or other regulated industry.
- Great to have: Experience engaging and directing outside counsel on specific subject matters with an eye to cost management required (or experience as outside counsel to business clients).
- Great to have: Experience with Marketing and Training collateral review.
- Nice to have: Experience working with trade associations and sponsoring memberships of same preferred.
- Nice to have: Litigation experience in discovery and/or Consumer Complaint matters, document review and regulatory investigation preferred.
- Nice to have: Experience with due diligence in M&A and business acquisition activities and ability to work through integration of diverse organizational acquisitions preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate required.
- Member of a US State Bar Association in good standing
- 4+ years practicing law as in-house or external legal counsel for publicly traded business entity/ies.
- Must have experience in a variety of legal areas and the ability to quickly gain knowledge and apply understanding to a wide variety of complex business issues; this quality sought more than SME level knowledge in any given area.
- Strong organization and communication skills required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to type and look at a computer screen for long periods of the day. The employee must be able to sit for long periods of time. Travel is required, including overnight, as business needs dictate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the responsibilities and the job qualifications of the position.
Automobile Protection Corporation (APCO) is a Drug Free Workplace as well as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.