Description:We are an established fast pace Immigration Law Firm who have been helping immigrants in the Bay Area community for 12 years. Our firm is seeking an experienced, dedicated Attorney to join our team in our San Jose office. This individual will work closely with the lead attorney, legal staff, and clients while exercising a high degree of competence and administrative ability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Legal representation of immigrants in both defensive and affirmative cases before the EOIR & USCIS. Cases include, but are not limited to: Asylum; Cancellation of Removal; BIA Appeals, Humanitarian Visas (U-Visa, T-Visa, and VAWA); Family Petitions; Adjustment of Status; Consular Processing; DACA; and Naturalization.
- Prepare and review immigration applications, motions, and briefs.
- Meet with clients and prepare them for their USCIS interviews and EOIR hearings
- Appear at USCIS interviews on behalf of clients
- Represent clients before the Executive Office for Immigration Review for their Master and Individual hearings
- Ensure all deadlines are met, monitor case status, update internal case management system, manage deadlines
- Conduct client-centered legal consultations with prospective clients as required.
- Provide training and guidance, including drafting and reviewing educational material for staff.
- Compile template motions and other technical assistance documents necessary to assist staff.
- Stay informed regarding changes and updates in applicable law, rules, procedures, policies, and practices relating to the functions assigned.
- May perform other related duties, which may not be specifically included within this description, but are consistent with the general level of the job and the responsibilities described.
- Juris Doctorate (California State Bar admission preferred)
- Immigration law experience (2 years min preferred)
- Spanish proficiency required
- Strong case management, legal research, and legal writing skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a large team
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment
- California driver's license and have access to a registered vehicle
- Employer-covered medical insurance (includes, health, dental, and vision)
- Accrued paid time off includes 2 Weeks (80 hours) Paid-Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Bar dues
- Malpractice Insurance