Description:Small business immigration firm with a heavy emphasis on O&P work has an opening for a licensed attorney.
Reporting to a Partner or Senior Associate, Associate Attorneys are responsible for managing Paralegals in the filing of assigned immigration case work.
- Represent clients in all aspects of business immigration law.
- Maintain a high-level of communication with all clients.
- Oversee the work of paralegals in case preparation work.
- Assign and prioritize case work and projects as needed.
- Train or retrain Immigration Assistants and Paralegals.
- Establish and maintain case work quality and consistency throughout the office.
- Liaise with other attorneys in the firm and share all information regarding case preparation.
- Maintain accuracy to high volume, rapid turnover caseload.
- Participate in other office projects as assigned.
- Correspond with the client and the individual employee during the intake process.
- Assist clients/employees with technical issues in completing the questionnaires and submitting documents.
- Guide clients and employees through the intake process, enlisting client services as needed.
Minimum Education Level:
JD or LLM degree and must have passed a state bar examination.
2 - 3 years of experience in business immigration law is required. Emphasis in entertainment immigration preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent English writing and oral communication skills. Secondary language skills are a plus.
- Excellent organization and computer skills required.