Description:Hughes Law Group is an Immigration Law Firm based in Carson City, Nevada, specializing in Family Immigration and Humanitarian Cases. A lot of the work we do is defensive asylum and we need an attorney to help our clients.
Hughes Law Group's mission is to keep families together, with a focus on providing high quality legal services and outstanding client support.
Hughes Law Group is looking for a bilingual attorney to join their firm, with the potential of becoming a partner, with at least 1 year of experience in Removal Defense cases who is willing to relocate/travel to Nevada once or twice a month.
We are willing to help relocate the right candidate to live locally as well.
English and Spanish fluency is a must of this position as the majority of our clients are Latinos who are filing for asylum or some type of humanitarian immigration benefit.
The person hired will need to attend hearing either in person or via WebEx, attend USCIS interviews, meet with clients, review applications, and communicate with the rest of the team to make sure everything is done properly.
The office is located in beautiful Carson City, Nevada right next to Lake Tahoe.
Please apply if you want to make a difference in the lives of our clients by providing top notch legal representation with a high degree of professionalism and empathy.
If you don't have experience in immigration, and have experience going to court, feel free to apply. We are willing to be felxible with the right candidate.
- Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations
- Conducts research and gathers evidence for clients
- Gives legal advice and explains the law to clients
- Works on immigrant and non-immigrant visa matters
- Helps clients complete visa applications or other government forms
- Represents clients in immigration court proceedings
- Interacts and communicates with outside entities such as clients, governmental agencies, courts, corporations, and other law firms
- Must be a barred and licensed attorney - The state you are licensed to practice is not relevant as immigration is a federal law
- Spansh and English fluency in writing and speaking
- Willing to come to our office in Carson City, Nevada on a monthly basis - We will help relocate the right candidate
- 1 year of experience in removal defense is preferred - Feel free to apply if you have other relevant experience in immigration law or the US court system