Description:Are you looking for an opportunity to learn from some of the most esteemed attorneys and grow your career? Our firm is growing and is looking for the next associate attorney for its EOIR division (Removal Defense) to assist in providing legal counsel to our clients. You will work closely with our senior attorney and associates, conduct legal research, draft legal documents, appear in immigration courts for hearings and maintain client files.
- Conduct legal research, prepare for and attend hearings and/or other legal proceedings, and provide legal counsel with the help of senior attorneys
- Communicate with senior associates, paralegals, and clients to ensure cases are handled efficiently
- Organize and maintain files to ensure accuracy for other attorneys, paralegals, and staff
- Assist clients in determining a proper solution to legal conflicts and determine the best course of action
- Draft documents such as correspondence, pleadings, motions, briefs, affidavits, settlement agreements, and contracts to be used proceedings and contracts to be used in proceedings and contract negotiations
- Ability to work with senior attorneys to best serve client needs and grow our client base
- Solid communication skills and problem-solving skills required in order to work with clients, staff members and senior attorneys
- Applicants must have successfully passed the state bar exam (Preferred in VA).
- 1-2 years of experience in immigration law preferred in removal defense
- Spanish or other foreign languages is a plus.