Description:Foster Garvey is looking to hire an entrepreneurial associate to help expand our nationally recognized Hospitality, Travel & Tourism practice. In this position, you will advise clients on a wide variety of operational matters, including group sales and event contracts, distribution agreements and various vendor and service provider agreements (including IT/IS agreements). In this role, you will work closely with Greg Duff, who is the practice chair.
Clients served by Foster Garvey's Hospitality, Travel & Tourism group include local, national, and international hotels and resorts, cruise lines, tour operators, travel agencies and restaurants.
The successful candidate(s) will have:
- 5+ years of commercial transaction experience
- Experience in the areas of sales, marketing, distribution, and procurement within the lodging or travel industries
- Knowledge of IP/privacy and data security preferred
- Excellent research, writing, analytical, and communication skills
- A client-oriented approach to practice
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, including with legal support staff; and
- License to practice law in Washington, Oregon, New York, or Washington, D.C. (or the ability to waive into practice in one of the areas)
You will receive a competitive base salary, 401(k) matching, and paid parental leave, and are also eligible to receive production increases, profitability bonuses, and other benefits. Candidates based in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, New York, and Washington D.C. will be considered.
As a member of the Foster Garvey team, you will work in a collaborative and collegial culture. You will have opportunities to work on public service matters. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at Foster Garvey. Guiding Foster Garvey's actions in these important areas is the Opportunity & Progress Council (OPC), which establishes and executes the firm's strategic initiatives aimed at breaking down institutional and cultural barriers to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and creating a shared environment where everyone can do their best work together.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications should submit their resume, cover letter, reference sheet, and writing sample through our Careers Portal webpage. If you need assistance with the application process or have questions about the position, please contact Georgia Woodruff, Director of Legal Talent and Professional Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.