Description:We are Farmers!
We are… more than just your favorite commercials. We are a passionate, award winning, equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to supporting the well-being of our people through our extensive suite of benefits, as well as the well-being of the communities we serve through employee volunteer programs and nonprofit partnerships. Helping others in their time of need isn't just our business – it's our culture! We are Farmers!
Do you thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the challenge of a position where no two days are alike? We are looking for positive, high-energy professionals who are not just looking for a job, but a meaningful career!
At Farmers, our ambition is to be the leader in delivering peace of mind, innovating for customers whenever and wherever they need us. That means having people like you who can help us evolve to meet changing customer and business needs. Continuous development is critical to our success at Farmers; that means being curious, continually innovating, being open to new opportunities and embracing change. As the needs of our business and customers change, and you acquire needed experience, you may have opportunities to use your knowledge and skills in a different role. As you take on these new challenges, Farmers is committed to providing you with the necessary training and support along your career journey.
Workplace: Remote ( #LI-Remote )
This is a fully virtual position handling cases throughout Washington. Comprehensive benefits package including annual bonus potential up to 25% of the base salary, generous 401k, auto allowance, PTO, medical/dental vision, paid parental leave, and much more all without the stress of billable hours!
High Exposure Attorneys are the highest form of in-house trial attorneys with extensive lead attorney trial experience in high exposure and/or complex matters.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for handling a range of high exposure/complex cases including, but not limited to, catastrophic burns, scarring/disfigurement, brain or other cognitive injuries, partial and/or full amputation/paralysis, reflect sympathetic dystrophy or Kreps, and other significant and/or complex legal matters.
- Perform any task and fulfill any duty necessary and integral for the proper and zealous representation of the clients.
- Mentor attorneys and others as needed in order to improve client representation and customer service, overall file handling, advocacy, legal and trial skills.
- Present topics and/or act in a liaison capacity at educational seminars both within and outside the Department.
- Serve as a legal resource for the BLOs and Farmers Claims.
- Assume case handling responsibilities at late stages of litigations, as needed.
- Interface and consult with all department heads and other executive level personnel as required.
- Attend social or business functions as a representative of the Department and/or the Company
- Perform special assignments, tasks and other functions as assigned.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying files up to 20 lbs, seeing, speaking, and hearing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate- controlled office environment with exposure to uncontrolled outside environmental conditions as required by the exigencies of the issues or subject matter. High Exposure Attorneys are expected to handle any matter assigned within their State of licensure and Courts of Admittance, which may require travel by vehicle, train, or air with extended overnight and/or lengthier travel periods.
Bachelor's degree required, law school degree from a State or American Bar Association accredited law school, and member in good standing of the State Bar in the state in which the position is located.
Five years experience handling larger exposure matters. Must have the requisite background, knowledge and skill set to handle high exposure multi-party litigation, high profile litigation, cases involving inadequate policy limits, reservation of rights, property rights, as well cases with uncommon and/or unique legal theories or causes of action.
Special Skill Requirement:
Expansive knowledge of both procedural and substantive law. Superlative skills in all areas including, but not limited to, trial, public speaking and/or communication, case preparation, strategy, advocacy, negotiations, depositions, expert witnesses, damages, ana lysis/evaluation, reporting and client/customer service.
- Farmers offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, qualifications and location.WA Only: $145,440 - $243,125
- Bonus Opportunity (based on Company and Individual Performance)
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- For more information, review “What we offer” on https://www.farmers.com/careers/corporate/#offer
Job Location(s): US - WA
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out www.Farmers.com/careers/corporate and be sure to follow us on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/thisisfarmers/), LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/farmers-insurance/), and TikTok (https://www.tiktok.com/@thisisfarmers).