The Hackensack, New Jersey office of Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck, LLP, a nationally recognized AV-rated® firm of 200+ attorneys across 17 offices, is seeking an Associate with a minimum of 4 years of experience to handle general liability litigation cases, as well as maritime cases, though maritime experience is not necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently manage a caseload involving general liability and maritime matters.
- Regularly handle court appearances and depositions.
- Draft pleadings, discovery demands, motions and appeals.
- Communicate with clients and provide status reports.
- JD from an ABA accredited Law School.
- Judicial Clerkship, District Attorney's office or Public Defender's office preferred.
- Admission to practice in New York required and New Jersey preferred.
- Substantial General Liability defense experience with the desire to learn Maritime Law.
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication.