Description:We are looking for a General Counsel to join our Compliance team. The General Counsel will be responsible for leading strategic and tactical corporate legal initiatives; reviewing and drafting agreements, facilitating business transactions, and assisting with managing and ensuring compliance of the Company in general and other duties as assigned by the Company's Chief Compliance Officer, Chief Executive Officer or other executives.
- Draft, review and negotiate client and vendor contracts as needed.
- Create, develop, review and implement company-wide policies, procedures, and standard agreements.
- Keep up-to-date on changes to legislation, regulations, and relevant legal news and advise the Company of regulatory developments.
- Directly engage with and assist with management of Company's outside counsel.
- Conduct legal research and review Company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Handle statutory filings, such as state required licensing forms.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on issues related to website and product development, marketing, and business partnership.
- Participate in and attend compliance related industry events and trade shows.
Education & Experience:
- J.D. or equivalent law degree from a top ABA-accredited law school and good standing with at least one US state bar
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Proven success navigating digital marketing regulatory environments is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time-sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team-oriented environment.
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent legal and business judgment, critical thinking, and drafting skills
The ideal candidate will reside near the Fort Lee, NJ and/or NYC office. Minimal travel will be required to the Fort Lee office.
What If Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide employees with a competitive salary and bonus plan, as well as generous medical, dental, vision, & 401k plans. We look forward to hearing from you!