Description:Working on-site at our headquarters in Fairlawn, OH, Koroseal Interior Products is looking to hire a full time General Counsel who can oversee general corporate legal matters, including commercial transaction support, compliance and corporate governance activities for the US and Canadian entities, and advance company initiatives to maintain Koroseal's position as the leader in its industry. The successful candidate will work closely with management and counsel other internal departments regarding legal support required, and manage the calendar and deadlines related to company legal matters, including corporate governance matters, and litigation.
- Provide commercial transactions legal support.
- Draft and negotiate customer and vendor contracts, supply agreements, independent contractor agreements, and designer license agreements.
- Provide legal matter updates to the Company Board and Management and make recommendations regarding legal support requirements of the companies. Maintain Corporate Records Books for companies.
- Coordinate and work closely with outside counsel on company litigation and subject matter areas, including intellectual property, labor and employment, product warranty and credit and collections.
- Provide counsel to internal departments, including human resources, IT, customer service, marketing, accounting and finance, design group and manufacturing on legal issues related to department and operational matters.
- Participate on the Risk Management Committee
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school; minimum of one active state bar admission.
- Minimum 5+ years relevant experience as a general counsel or general practitioner in corporate law. Manufacturing industry experience a plus.
- Excellent oral, written, communication and organizational skills; ability to communicate clearly and persuasively to a wide variety of listeners.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex transactions with multiple, inter-related work streams.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively with colleagues to develop practical solutions for business risks and challenges; ability to deal effectively with strategic issues as well as tactical details.
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills. In particular, subject matter experience in Sale of Commercial Goods, Distribution & Resale agreements, Copyright matters, Trademarks, Real Estate Leases, Information Technology related agreements.
- Responsive and service-oriented.
- Merger & Acquisition experience a plus.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position, and the successful candidate must be available to work on-site, not remote.
Please include your resume and desired compensation.
Salary commensurate with experience.