Description:iCapital is powering the world's alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $169 billion in global client assets invested in 1,362 funds, as of September 2023.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for six consecutive years (2018 – 2023); a three-time selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers (2021-2023); and a three-time winner of MMI/Barron's Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the role:
iCapital is looking for a Financial Services Regulatory Counsel to join our growing Regulatory and Compliance team. The ideal candidate would be an attorney with experience in investment adviser and broker-dealer regulation, who is excited to work at the intersection of regulation, technology, and finance. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and contribute to our mission to democratize alternative investments and wealth management solutions.
- Navigate complex regulatory frameworks and apply to the company's marketplace of financial products, compliance solutions, and portfolio construction capabilities.
- Assess and mitigate regulatory and reputational risks with respect to product offerings and financial technology services.
- Collaborate with team leads to develop portfolio analytics with robust methodologies and disclosures.
- Oversee and improve processes for the review of marketing materials.
- Develop and enhance policies, procedures, and processes for platform offerings of alternative investments and structured products.
- Engage with regulators, including the SEC and FINRA, and other external parties.
- Monitor SEC/FINRA and SRO rule developments and educate senior management on regulatory implications.
- J.D. and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 5+ years of legal practice experience specializing in advising investment advisers and/or broker-dealers on regulatory obligations
- Knowledge or expertise in the rules and regulations relevant to investment advisers and broker-dealers including, conflicts of interest, the Marketing Rule, and communications with the public
- Track record of developing practical solutions to novel problems
- Exceptional project management and communication skills
- Financial regulation experience at a law firm or federal regulatory agency
- Able to provide practical, strategic and business-oriented legal advice
- Able to manage effectively multiple time sensitive tasks
- Experience drafting comment letters, working with industry trade groups and engaging in rulemaking and legislative advocacy efforts
- Able to be flexible and adaptable while working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently and in a team setting
The base salary range for this role is $220,000 to $260,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We believe the best ideas and innovation happen when we are together. We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three or four days.? Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.