Description:We are seeking a seasoned Family Law Attorney (10-20+ years of litigation) for our brand new Fort Lauderdale office, who will work passionately and unrelentingly alongside our team of senior attorneys and paralegals to ensure a successful outcome for clients. Apply today if you have outstanding research and writing skills, will fight tirelessly for your client in trials and mediations, and are comfortable using today's legal software!
- Argue motions in court on behalf of clients during legal proceedings
- Perform research, draft briefs, pleadings, and motions
- Provide legal counsel to clients by analyzing their needs and determining a proper course of action
- Identify client conflicts and determine case strategies with options for resolution
- Get the appropriate legal documents ready for clients, such as brief, motions, and pleadings, as well as correspondence
- Supervise administrative staff, paralegals, and law clerks
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Family Court in Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties
- Experienced managing a dedicated paralegal to maximize productivity
- Willing to have difficult client conversations, while showing empathy and compassion for their troubles, and highlighting possibilities that will enable them to see a path forward with their situation more clearly
- Member in good standing with the Florida Bar
- Being bilingual in English and Spanish is a big plus but not required
- Decision-making, public speaking, problem-solving, interpersonal skills, and communication skills are a must
- Strong knowledge of legal research programs such as Westlaw and Lexis products is required
- Must be able to handle heavy caseload with little supervision
- $200,000+ yearly DOE
About Cabanas Law Firm
What It's Like To Work HereWe are a results-oriented law firm that emphasizes integrity and compassionate relationships between both employees and clients and we attract A-Level Team Members
What makes us different?
- We provide concierge-level services to clients through a service team that also supports the legal team with frequent high-quality client communications.
- Our technology investments streamline workflows to allow our worldwide team to work from any location.
- We offer an extensive benefits package for our 5-Star employees.
- We are growing fast, providing excellent career opportunities for our experienced team.