Description:Gertsch Family Law is seeking an attorney with at least three years of litigation experience in domestic relations for its busy and growing family law practice. Applicants should be interested in the practice of family law, which is always interesting and sometimes crazy. We are looking for an attorney who has practical experience dealing with clients and opposing counsel, managing their own case load, and litigating family law matters. We help people during some of the most difficult times in their lives, and our work yields results which make a difference in the lives of clients. We offer an environment where you feel supported and your efforts are rewarded, and strive to give you a work-life balance in a team based environment. You won't be spending your time generating leads or searching for new business, but rather focusing on managing your clients' cases and providing meaningful legal services.
Attorneys licensed to practice in Georgia with at least three years of litigation experience in domestic relations. This position is immediately available. The ideal candidate is empathetic, a self-starter, and quick learner. Candidates must have excellent writing and research skills, excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, including time management and the ability to prioritize tasks. Candidates must have good interpersonal skills, and be comfortable handling emotional clients and difficult opposing counsels. Professionalism is a must for this position. The firm utilizes MyCase as its client/case management system, Apple computers running Microsoft Office, Google suite, and DropBox. The firm is located in the Athens area and requires regular court appearances in multiple counties, primarily Athens-Clarke, Oconee, Madison, Barrow, Jackson, Oglethorpe, Franklin, Hart, Walton, Elbert, and Greene. Attorney must be able to reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting in this position.
The right candidate will be expected to assume immediate client contact and other responsibilities, including:
- Participate in team meetings to develop case strategy
- Organize and maintain client files to ensure they are current
- Conduct client interviews
- Draft pleadings, motions, settlement agreements, briefs and orders; prepare child support worksheets and financial affidavits
- Plan, draft, review and respond to discovery
- Conduct legal research
- Prepare cases for mediation and trial, including preparing exhibits, witness interviews, conducting depositions, etc.
- Advocate for clients in mediation and trial
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary: Base salary between $80,000 and $100,000 dependent upon experience
- Performance bonus
- 401k with employer match
- Paid time off
- Health insurance reimbursement