Description:Sherman & Howard is seeking a family law associate with 3-5 years of experience to join our Denver office.
*When applying to this position, please upload your current resume as well as a writing sample***
With the largest family law practice at a full-service law firm in Colorado, Sherman & Howard provides the laser-sharp focus of a boutique family law firm and the deep cross-disciplinary experience needed to handle our clients' many needs, including the related corporate, tax, and estate planning issues that arise in complex divorces.
We represent a diverse clientele including business owners, corporate executives, philanthropists, celebrities, professional athletes, artists, art collectors, attorneys, physicians, hedge fund managers, and other prominent individuals. Through decades of representing such clients, we have developed extensive experience in the use of creative tools and strategies to favorably resolve particularly challenging family law matters.
- Draft legal documents including separation agreements, custody, pre and postnuptial agreements
- Represent clients in hearings, trials, status conferences and mediations
- Assist partners with relevant legal research, case preparation, and expert witness management
- Day to day client management including regular client contact and support
- Work directly with support staff, delegating tasks and assignments appropriately
- J.D. from an ABA accredited school.
- Admitted to practice in Colorado or able to be waived in.
- At least 3 years of litigation experience with 1 or more years of experience in family law.
- Strong work ethic, entrepreneurial attitude, high level of attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication, and exemplary client service skills.
- Team player that thrives in an inclusive, diverse work environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
Sherman & Howard offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability, flexible spending, 401K, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, bonus and more. The base salary for this position begins at $185,000/year for a second-year associate and increases in accordance with associate year. Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted information based on work experience, education, and/or skill level.