Description:ChampionX has an immediate need for a Ethics and Compliance Counsel located in The Woodlands or Sugar Land, TX. The Ethics & Compliance Counsel role has global responsibility on projects and particular responsibilities with Western Hemisphere and Latin America. This role is responsible for promoting ethics and compliance with applicable anti-corruption laws and regulations and supporting the Company's strategy and ensuring that the Company promotes an ethical culture operates under written policies and procedures. Responsibilities for this role will also include serving as a trusted advisor to senior leaders of the organizations, various compliance committees, providing counseling and training along with other legal and compliance functions, and working with internal stakeholders to mitigate compliance risk.
If you are a passionate contracts professional that likes to work in an autonomous, hands-on environment with responsibility for a good mix of commercial and contract terms, we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a growing company offering a competitive base salary and benefits.
What's in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments unlock energy responsibly and sustainably.
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, and more!
What you will do:
- Work with the Ethics & Compliance team, as well as relevant business and other stakeholders to develop and leverage best practices and build on past success.
- Leads to build a culture of ethics & integrity.
- Responsible for legal compliance globally and in particular Western Hemisphere / Latin America.
- Responsible for compliance with the Code of Conduct, policies and procedures and applicable local and international laws and regulations including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act.
- Responsible for overseeing compliance policies and procedures.
- Monitor compliance risk and ensure that the Chief Compliance Officer is notified of significant ethics and compliance issues.
- Provide compliance guidance to the business and functions within the Company, including Audit, Finance, HR, Sales, Commercial, Supply Chain and Logistics, and other stakeholders, working collaboratively to analyze compliance and related legal risks, resolve issues, and implement overall business strategy.
- Conduct and support compliance related investigations with timely closure including developing the plan of investigation, conducting subject and witness interviews, analyzing evidence, identifying remediation issues and corrective actions, and drafting reports.
- Lead complex investigations and projects
- Advise and support on root cause issues and remedial measures for investigations and analyze investigation trends.
- Promote, implement and/or modify the Company's Ethics and Compliance Program to minimize and mitigate compliance risk and propose any modifications as may be required to keep the program current with local and international laws and best practices.
- Oversee and plan compliance awareness campaigns and improved learning in the region.
- Lead complex projects and communications across diverse stakeholders
- Manage, review and/or approve the engagement of third parties in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Promote a speak up culture.
- Conduct risk assessment and ensure due diligence is appropriately tailored.
- Review KYC and KYS red flags and escalations.
- Continuously evaluate programs such as the third-party due diligence program validating that it addresses the risk presented by third parties and the changes in the business environment to ensure compliance with applicable regulations (anti-corruption, anti-trust, trade sanctions and money-laundering, etc.)
- Support anti-corruption and third-party audits from a compliance perspective.
- Recommend additional due diligence or mitigation.
- Active involvement in third party risk assessments with the business owners.
- Work on special projects and compliance initiatives including but not limited to Integrity Day and other global programs.
- Monitor new laws, rules and regulations relevant to ChampionX.
- 7+ years practicing attorney experienced in a corporate law department or law firm with specific experience in legal compliance and internal investigations on or on behalf of a multi-national company or other complex organization.
- Licensed attorney; law degree from an ABA-accredited law school or international equivalent.
- Experience with UK Bribery Act, FCPA, and other anti-corruption laws and regulations, as well as an appreciation of pertinent accounting and finance principles.
- Experience working in multiple jurisdictions and diverse cultures preferred.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Excellent verbal and written fluency in English.
- An exemplary commitment to integrity and ethics.
- Excellent analytical and writing ability, with a keen sense of dealing with the relevant business data.
- Proficient and effective communication skills in both oral and written form, including strong presentation skills.
- Presents complex legal information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- Ability to set priorities and to efficiently adjust to workload fluctuations from multiple sources.
- Proactively anticipates needs and addresses challenges.
- Pragmatic, operationally oriented approach to providing legal compliance advice.
- Works independently and effectively in a team-oriented environment and builds strong relationships.
- Ability to apply sound, principled, and consistent judgment in a fast-moving and challenging legal and business environment
- Experience in a multi-national oil and gas /energy setting.
- Experience working with different cultures and an open and tolerant mind with respect to diversity.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Adherence to the highest confidential and ethical standards.
- Ability to speak multiple languages is a plus.