Description:Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, is seeking an Energy & Environmental attorney with three to five years of relevant experience to join our growing team.
Our Energy & Environmental group represents businesses and private individuals in a wide range of regulatory matters, including hazardous waste management, environmental remediation, land use and development, clean energy, natural resource exploration and exploitation, and air and water quality issues. We work with everyone from the largest global giants to inventive startups, as well as industry proponents and opponents, applicants and interveners.
We are looking for candidates with substantial experience in environmental law and regulatory compliance. Litigation skills and familiarity with enforcement actions and administrative proceedings are a plus. Ideal candidates will also have extensive knowledge of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), the Clean Air Act (CAA), the Clean Water Act (CWA), the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), and other environmental statutes.
- Minimum of three years of experience in environmental law (preferably with a focus on California environmental law)
- Demonstrated experience with regulatory matters (compliance, disputes and enforcement) and familiarity with RCRA, CAA, CWA, CERCLA and other environmental statutes
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills
- Team-oriented attitude with an emphasis on collaboration
- Effective and efficient problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and proactively with confidence
- California bar membership in good standing