Employers Council is seeking an Employment Law Attorney (Entry-Level) to join our Denver Metro Area Team. We are seeking a bright, hardworking attorney with good judgement, attention to detail, and the ability to work closely with our Attorneys and HR professionals. Employment law attorneys assist in conducting legal research involving federal and state laws and regulations, reviewing, and drafting documents, including but not limited to, employer policies, agreements, and handbooks, and providing employment law advice, counsel, and training to our members.
- Entry-level employment law attorneys’ advice and counsel members companies regarding general employment law issues and assist our senior attorneys with complex legal matters and projects.
- Assist senior attorneys with state and federal employment agency matters, including assisting with the research and drafting of position, arbitration, and mediation statements.
- Under the supervision of our senior attorneys, review & draft of employee handbooks, manuals, policies, and procedures from a legal perspective.
- Demonstrate strong legal research capabilities and a solid understanding of Westlaw and/or other similar research platforms.
- Research & draft employment law white papers and other internal and external guidance materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Juris Doctor degree with a record of strong academic performance and writing skills.
- Colorado Bar Admission is required! Multistate licensure (or the willingness to seek admission) is a plus!
- 0-1+ years of employment law experience. Previous business experience is a plus.
- Prepared to learn from our senior attorneys to meet our member needs.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to work independently and execute plans to meet employers’ needs. Possess the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Training and/or public speaking experience is highly desirable. Courtroom experience can meet this expectation.
- Proficiency with word-processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and database software (E.g., Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Employers Council offers a robust Benefits Plan to include:
- A generous mix of PTO, Holiday schedule, Vacation/Sick days.
- Unrivaled 401k match and pension plan.
- Monthly office stipend for remote work.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.
- Culture of Professional Development and Lifelong Learning.
- Flexibility and remote working options.
Salary Range is $64,610-$70,000 annually depending on education, skills, and experience