Description:The Environmental Integrity Project (EIP) is accepting applications for a Director of Law & Policy to join our team working to hold industrial polluters and the government accountable for compliance with environmental laws. The Director of Law & Policy provides leadership, management, and support for all legal and policy activities; develops and maintain relationships with clients, partners, and funders; and works with the leadership team to advance EIP's mission and strategic priorities.
Location: Washington, DC, strongly preferred, but other locations considered.
- Lead EIP's legal and policy work, including shaping and overseeing our federal and state legal docket.
- Work with EIP's leadership team to develop and implement legal and other advocacy strategies to advance EIP's mission and strategic priorities.
- Lead and support EIP's team of lawyers and provide oversight on the quality of all legal actions.
- Directly supervise senior lawyers and recruit and hire qualified legal staff.
- Work with internal and external experts to develop the factual, technical, and scientific basis to support EIP's advocacy efforts.
- Represent EIP and other organizations in limited federal and state litigation.
- A law degree and active bar membership in good standing.
- 10+ years of experience practicing law, and experience in environmental law and policy.
- Significant experience supervising legal staff.
- Excellent leadership, mentorship, supervision, and management skills.
- Excellent analytical, research, writing, facilitator, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for protecting public health and the environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and external partners.
- Prior experience or demonstrated commitment to working with members of communities directly impacted by pollution.
- Strong work ethic, robust problem-solving skills, and sound judgment.
Salary and benefits:
EIP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. The salary for this position will reflect experience and qualifications.
EIP is an equal opportunity employer, highly values diversity, and strives to create an inclusive workplace culture. As an equal opportunity employer, EIP is committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.