Description:We're looking for an experienced legal professional to join our team. The ideal candidate will have significant experience drafting and negotiating complex SaaS and professional services agreements with our global customers. In addition, the role will partner with relevant internal stakeholders and external counsel to spearhead a variety of legal initiatives (IP, security, records, etc). If you like taking the initiative, driving processes, making an impact, and are excited to roll up your sleeves, we want to hear from you!
We are a remote-friendly company. Our ideal candidate will be based in our San Francisco or Mountain View office, but we are open to anywhere in the US.
- Draft, review, and negotiate complex SaaS and professional services agreements with global enterprises and any other type of commercial agreements as needed
- Partner with relevant internal stakeholders, including sales, alliances, finance, operations, IT, and security, to drive customer negotiations and reduce contract cycle time
- Drive internal legal initiatives covering topics such as IP strategy, commercial terms strategies, security and data compliance, and risk management
- Serve as a point of contact for all commercial and procurement legal matters, working with external counsel as necessary to provide legal advice as needed
- Establish and enhance internal corporate/legal policies and compliance programs including creation of company agreements/forms/legal playbooks to streamline processes
- Strong academic background and J.D. from highly-regarded school. Must be an active member of California or New York bar
- 6-8 years of experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex enterprise SaaS and professional services agreements with global enterprises
- Law firm or in-house experience with outbound licensing preferred
- Experience and exposure to either compliance, data security, privacy, or intellectual property matters including patent, trademark, and data protection laws
- Independent, self-motivated individual with great work ethic and a start-up mindset of willing to help out wherever needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) across all levels of the organization with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- High ethical standards with demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information