Description:Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Assistant General Counsel to join our KPMG International organization.
- Advise and assist on primarily non-contentious insurance matters, in particular the renewal of KPMG's global cyber security insurance program
- Instruct on KPMG's professional indemnity insurance program and on D&O insurances
- Provide input on strategic decisions on the overall structure of the insurance arrangement
- Counsel on policy wording and assisting with regulatory compliance issues
- Legal support in respect to other classes of insurance, particularly D&O
- Minimum five years experience advising on and negotiating insurance policies
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school (or equivalent if gained outside of the United States) and admitted to the New York Bar with current registration in good standing (preferred) or admitted to a state bar with an ability to register as in-house counsel with the New York Bar within a reasonable period after hire
- Excellent technical legal skills
- Must have an active interest in developments and innovation in the insurance market and in reflecting on how such innovation can be leveraged to support our insurance arrangements would be advantageous