Closing Date: 16th September, 2022
The Position: Conducts prosecution in court proceedings on behalf of Kootenai County government and is responsible for handling legal matters in the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney including reviewing all misdemeanor and felony files, evaluating them for disposition, ensuring that cases calendared are thoroughly prepared for hearing, and effectively litigating cases through completion. Duties also include investigation, initiation and handling of complaints, and the preparation and appearance on orders to show cause in the District Court.
Do You Qualify?
- Do you have a Juris-doctorate degree from an accredited law school and a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of one year related experience and/or training?
- Have you successfully passed the Idaho State Bar examination or otherwise been admitted to practice law in Idaho?
- Do you have or have the ability to obtain a valid driver’s license and are you insurable?
You May Be The Right Candidate If:
- You are licensed to practice as an attorney in the State of Idaho
- You are committed to justice
- You are able to successfully pass a criminal background check and mandatory pre-employment drug test
- You are able to work as required including evenings, weekends and on-call