At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a commitment to its employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
Discover why Cooper University Health Care is the employer of choice in South Jersey.
At the direction of General Counsel and, in General Counsel's absence, independently, address legal issues and assist in the provision of legal services to the Health System on a broad range of legal matters including, without limitation, health law, corporate, regulatory, real estate, family, insurance, clinical research, human subject, employment and other business related matters.
Perform legal services and produce work product at a quantity and of a quality commensurate with that of like experienced practitioner in private practice.
Possess excellent management, teamwork and problem solving abilities.
Interpersonal/human relation skills. Written and verbal communication skills. Research and report preparation skills. Legal analysis and argument skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
A demonstrated ability to systematically:
- Research a variety of statutes, regulations, case law and other legal authorities.
- Professionally and thoroughly investigate various types of factual situations.
- Apply relevant legal authorities to a given factual situation.
- Develop sound and practical legal conclusions about a client’s obligations or opportunities in a given factual situation.
- Present those conclusions to other attorneys, and as requested to managers or other client representatives in an organized, systematic and professional manner.
A demonstrated ability and desire to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment
A demonstrated proficiency in modern legal office skills, including the use of Microsoft Office products, the Internet, Westlaw and e-mail.
- J.D. or LL.B degree supplemented with at least ten (10) years of legal experience in addressing healthcare and other corporate matters.
- Must be eligible for admission to the New Jersey Bar.
- Admission to the New Jersey Bar required within one year of employment.
Cooper University Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all team members. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, or any other status protected by law or regulation. To request reasonable accommodation, contact HRRecruitment@CooperHealth.edu View Apply Start Completed