We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Farming today is more complex than ever before. The unpredictability of the weather, control of pest and weeds, and scarcity of natural resources, all this in a world heading toward 9 billion people. These challenges demand BASF to continue its commitment to creating innovative solutions for growers tackling the Biggest Job on Earth.
Our farmers always strive to be the best stewards of their land, and our mission at BASF is to help them achieve those goals. An industry leader with a portfolio that comprises seeds and seed traits, crop protection, and seed treatment solutions for soil management, plant health, and pest control, along with our digital farming tools, enables BASF to partner with farmers to implement sustainable practices while achieving economic success. By nurturing a culture of innovation in alignment with customers’ needs, our technologies aim to ensure that crops grow healthier, stronger and more resistant to stress factors, such as heat or drought.
BASF also offers a range of smart solutions for pest problems in urban and rural areas. From products to protect buildings from termites to mosquito nets which effectively combat the spread of vector-borne diseases, we help our customers to keep their homes, food establishments, and businesses clean and pest-free.
This position will serve as legal advisor to the Global Seed Treatment and Insecticides business and Market Management group within the Agricultural Solutions Group in North America.
Senior Counsel/Counsel – Research Triangle Park, NC
- Serve as legal advisor to the Global Seed Treatment & Insecticides business within the Agricultural Solutions Group in North America/RTP and support businesses/functions under the direction of and in support of the Associate General Counsel, North America.
- Provide legal support to business stakeholders in contract interpretation, as well as preparation, review, and negotiation.
- Identify issues requiring support of specialized functions (i.e. patent, labor, litigation, compliance, privacy, regulatory), coordinate delivery of support to stakeholders.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Law Degree required
- Bar admission in at least one US state required
- Minimum five (5) years of legal experience required, with some in-house experience preferred
- Proven commercial contract negotiation and drafting experience
Preferred Experience (exposure to one or more of the following areas is a plus):
- Agricultural Crop Protection, Seed Treatment, Insecticides, Agribusiness, and/or Seed Industry experience
- Operations/Supply Chain/Contract Manufacturing
- US Antitrust/Competition law; familiarity with firewall concepts
- Agency and Distribution business models
- Mergers and Acquisitions and/or Integration support
- Marketing and Communications programs and promotions; Technical Service Bulletins; Sweepstakes
- Dispute Resolution/Litigation/Discovery; Digitalization
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills, and the ability to serve as an advisor to business managers and corporate function leads
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively multi-task; attention to detail; excellent communication skills to manage and support business stakeholders
- Strong ability to understand, assess, and clearly communicate “big” picture legal and commercial concepts to business stakeholders
- Team oriented, collaborative work style, with ability to solicit and receive direction and then implement independently and report results
- Commitment to practicing principles relating to diversity, inclusion and empowerment in daily work
- Utilizing your ability to demonstrate sound and independent judgment, you will lead and support compliance related projects as and when required.
- Your ability to be proactive, resourceful, responsive, and efficient will be essential, as you help to drive the implementation of Company and Legal Department initiatives
This role will be hybrid, located in Research Triangle Park, NC. Relocation Support provided.