Description:About the role:
Insurance for delivery drivers is a critical part of our business, and we are constantly innovating in this area. The Uber Legal Team is currently searching for a Safety & Insurance Litigation - Counsel, with expertise in the insurance defense industry and experience managing robust insurance defense litigation. This position is open in the Chicago and New York office.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a portfolio of claims and litigation in the United States, with a focus on delivery-related litigation.
- Analyze claims/cases to effectively participate in decisions related to resolution strategy and innovating legal precedent.
- Assist in the management of outside counsel.
- Draft and review various court documents such as pleadings, discovery, and motions.
- Work across our business and legal teams on risk management initiatives.
- Collaborate with team members for operational efficiency and process revision.
- A minimum of 5 years of insurance company or law firm experience involving litigating auto liability claims/cases OR Minimum of 4+ years and +1 year Uber internal
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state
- In-house experience is strongly preferred, with the know-how to manage a case through pleadings, motion practice, discovery, dispute resolution, and trial (both state and federal).
- The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously in an exciting, fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done.
- Solid case evaluation abilities, critical thinking skills, and the capacity to oversee a large portfolio of matters.
- Extensive deposition experience, including presenting both lay and expert witnesses.
- Excellent business judgment, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Embody the highest standards of integrity, ethics, and accountability.
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
For Chicago, IL-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$176,000 per year - USD$195,000 per year.
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$195,000 per year - USD$216,500 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form (https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A?uclick_id=7c682b02-3de7-4dc8-8caf-abf9c33924b6).
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.