Why Imperva Legal?
- Small and nimble legal team means you can make a great impact
- Complex product and services sales model and global, cross-functional operating teams will allow you to greatly expand your experience and expertise
- Transparent, innovative management and collaborative atmosphere
- You aim to be a key contributor and innovator
- You enjoy working with sales and driving top line growth for the business
- You have a solid foundation in your area of expertise, but can issue spot in diverse areas of law
- You are confident in your judgment, but open to feedback and collaborative decision-making
- You're an excellent communicator and eager to innovate
The Opportunity: You are an experienced counsel with expertise in contract negotiation, operationalizing data privacy regulations, and supporting varying business needs. While privacy will be a core aspect of your day to day responsibilities, other legal and compliance work is included with this role. For example, this role would also support regulatory, policy, audit, and security incidents, as needed. You work well in a fast-paced, challenging environment as part of a dynamic team of professionals and have the ability to communicate effectively in group settings and before senior management. You will report to Imperva's Deputy General Counsel & Global Data Privacy Officer.Your ResponsibilitiesYou must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to identify and resolve legal issues, balance legal and business concerns and draft and negotiate privacy-related agreements. Experience with issues pertaining to domestic and international enterprise software licensing and data privacy is preferred.
- Develop and implement privacy related processes and controls within the organization
- Provide support to Imperva's commercial legal team in the negotiation of customer contracts
- Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure issues are addressed efficiently
- Provide legal support for procurement and various business units regarding negotiation of vendor agreements
- Maintain and revise corporate policies as needed
- Support the corporate compliance trainng program
- Maintain and revise template privacy-related agreements as required
- Qualified attorney in your jurisdiction
- Minimum of 5 years of legal experience at technology companies and/or law firms
- 1-2 years experience with data privacy related issues
- Familiarity with a wide variety of commercial, licensing, hardware, services and other software related agreements, including data privacy terms
- High integrity, well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills and significant experience in working closely with both internal clients and customers/partners/suppliers
- The ability to perform well under tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible and able to react promptly
- Understanding of contract and negotiation principles in the business and legal context
- A team-oriented style yet are able to work with little or no supervision
- Able to apply sound business judgment
- CIPP certification preferred
Imperva is the cybersecurity leader whose mission is to help organizations protect their data and all paths to it. Customers around the world trust Imperva to protect their applications, data and websites from cyber attacks. With an integrated approach combining edge, application security and data security, Imperva protects companies through all stages of their digital journey. Imperva Research Labs and our global intelligence community enable Imperva to stay ahead of the threat landscape and seamlessly integrate the latest security, privacy and compliance expertise into our solutions. Learn more on the Imperva website or company blog, and follow Imperva on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It's an exciting time to work in cybersecurity. Learn about Imperva products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.